reboost blog

Oct 02, 2018

Jan 07, 2017

Aug 16, 2016

Mar 16, 2016

Suricata on pfSense to ELK Stack


Suricata is an excellent Open Source IPS/IDS. While there is an official package for pfSense, I found very little documentation on how to properly get it working. Furthermore, there does not appear to be any native functionality to ship the logs it generates to alternative collectors, other than …

Click to read

Dec 17, 2015

Dec 07, 2015

Kiosk Display on Raspbian Jessie

I was recently testing the idea of using a Raspberry Pi to run a Dashing dashboard on a TV. I found several tutorials for kiosk style displays using Raspbian Wheezy but had some trouble getting everything to work on Jessie. I was eventually able to get everything operational with only …

Click to read

Oct 15, 2015

Moving Split Volume Groups

I recently had an issue with a Linux VM that was configured with LVM. The server had run out of space several times and each time it did someone simply added a new primary partition, formatted it to LVM and extended the logical volume. This was all well and good …

Click to read